Campus Recreation
Frequently Asked Questions

What is Intramural Sports?
Intramurals offer a level of sports competition that is offered by most colleges and universities. It is where students, faculty, staff, and even alumni can form teams in various sports and compete against one another internally. Some intramural sports offer an opportunity to play other schools or external participants. This is referred to as extramurals.
When is registration?
Intramural Sports registration is open at least two weeks before each event. You can check specific dates and deadlines for specific events on
Who is eligible to play intramural sports?
Any Auburn Montgomery students, faculty, staff, or alumni may participate. Students must be prepared to show proper identification when participating to intramural staff. Some events allow members of the community to participate as well.  Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Community members that wish to participate must be a member of the Wellness Center.
How do I create an account on IMLeagues?

To create an IMLeagues account: **Note** IMLeagues offers a live support button in the bottom right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.

  • Go to                                                                                  OR
  • Go to and click Create Account                                                                    OR

  • Go to and click “Log in with Facebook” if you have a facebook account with your school email attached - this will automatically create an account, fill in your info, and join you to the school (steps 2-4)

  • Enter your information, and use your School email if applicable ( and submit.
  • You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
  • You should be automatically joined to your school – If not you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link

How do I sign up for an Intramural Sport?

How to sign up for an intramural sport:

  1. Log in to your account. Click on the “Auburn University Montgomery” link to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
  2. The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
  3. Choose the league you wish to play in (Men’s, Women’s, Co-Rec, etc.)
  4. Choose the division you’d like to play in (Monday 5PM, Tuesday 5PM, etc.) 
  5. You can join the sport one of three ways:
    1. Create a team (For team captains)
      1. Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the “Invite Members” link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
        1. If they’ve already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them
        2. If they haven’t yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the “Invite by Email Address” box, and input their email address.
    2. Join a team
      1. Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page
      2. Accepting a request from the captain to join his team
      3. Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to join
      4. Going to the captain’s playercard page, viewing his team, and requesting to join
    3. Join as a Free Agent
      1. You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you’d like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.

Do I need equipment?
Most sports will have equipment available for use. However, certain sports may require you to provide your own equipment. For example, you might need a glove for softball, although some gloves are available.